Ubisoft is telling players and investors to expect a bigger run of major releases after a quieter year, with new Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon projects now tied to the company's 2027-28 and 2028-29 financial years.
In its full-year 2025-26 earnings release, Ubisoft says it expects a "significantly stronger and diversified content pipeline" across those two financial years, supported by releases from those three brands and by continued growth for Rainbow Six Siege. Ubisoft's financial year ends on March 31, so the window runs through March 31, 2029.
That does not give names, platforms or exact dates for the next Far Cry or Ghost Recon. It does, however, put both series back on Ubisoft's public roadmap alongside Assassin's Creed, which already has several known projects in motion. The next new Assassin's Creed mentioned in this long-range pipeline is likely connected to Codename Hexe, although Ubisoft has not confirmed that in this earnings update. Recent reports and leaks have continued to circle Hexe, including claims about its witch trial setting and protagonist.
A lighter Ubisoft year comes first
Before that larger slate arrives, Ubisoft is framing 2026-27 as a rebuilding year. The company says that financial year will include Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced on July 9, other targeted premium games based on established Ubisoft brands and continued live-service content, but also a softer release slate and restructuring costs.
The company is coming off a major reset. Ubisoft says its portfolio review led to seven projects being discontinued and six others being delayed. It also says fixed costs are down by around €325 million since 2022-23, with a target of €500 million in cumulative run-rate savings by March 2028.
The broader company context matters here because the coming Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon plans are not being presented as isolated game teases. Ubisoft is pitching them as the release cadence that should pull the publisher back toward positive free cash flow in 2027-28 and stronger free cash flow in 2028-29.
Assassin's Creed remains the clearest short-term anchor. Ubisoft says the franchise closed the year with an annual audience above 30 million unique active players, while Black Flag Resynced is already being used to fill the current-year slate. Ubisoft recently detailed the remake's new story arcs and combat changes, including updated naval systems, stealth changes and extra narrative content.
Ubisoft is also pushing AI work
The same earnings release says Ubisoft is accelerating investment in Teammates, its first playable generative AI experience. Ubisoft describes the project as part of a wider AI push that includes smarter bots for quality-control teams, more reactive NPCs and game worlds that can adapt to player behavior in real time.
Teammates was previously introduced as a playable research project with AI-driven squadmates in a first-person shooter-style setup. Ubisoft has not announced a commercial release date for it in this latest update.
The headline for players is still the return of Ubisoft's biggest brands. Far Cry has not had a mainline release since Far Cry 6 in 2021, while Ghost Recon has been quiet since Breakpoint. Ubisoft has now placed both back into the same long-range window as Assassin's Creed, even if the real test will be what those games are, how far along they are and whether the company can turn a crowded roadmap into stronger releases.
